Help

boobundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just done my blood sugar (my mums diabetic,due to age)and it came up as 15,as I've only had toast today is that the reason mine is high? Thank you

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi boobundy and welcome to the forum, unfortunately no one here can diagnose you and one test will not prove anything one way or the other but with a reading like that it would be best to see your own doctor and tell him your worries and let him run the necessary tests to see whether or not you are diabetic.

If you do get the bad news then do come back here and see us and then we will offer you all the support we can :D

princeasl

Hi, I've been Diabetic now for 3 years but was only diagnosed with it last year. my reading tonight was 30.2mml which is really very high. I'm really scared about taking medication due to side effects and not being able to come off them. Can someone please advise? What should I do, I've lost a lot of weight and been trying to sort out my diet. To be honest my readings are usually a lot lower around the 17 mark on a good day...

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Princeasl, you seem to be saying the same thing in various posts around the forum, so I'm going to copy my answer from another post and hope you see it somewhere.

The side effects of medication are a h*ll of a lot less scary than the side effects of long term elevated (ie. over 8.0) blood glucose levels. Please, please see your doctor/medical advisers and get control of your BG levels as a matter of urgency. As far as I'm concerned, denial is definitely not an option for diabetics if we want to avoid the long term complications. Please seek help.

Medications like metformin and insulin are very safe drugs. There is absolutely nothing safe about high blood glucose.