Hep C and cirrhosis of the liver

Hi Hat Annie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All

Today I start on Hep C medication to clear it from my liver. To say I am frightened is an understatement. My liver is too damaged and scarred for the liver to repair itself.
I would like to see my GP but getting an appt is a nightmare. I dont know if the medication I am taking clashes with the Hep C meds. Is there anyone going through the same thing?
Thank you x

• Hug
Reactions: Antje77 and EllieM

JTL

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Hi All

Today I start on Hep C medication to clear it from my liver. To say I am frightened is an understatement. My liver is too damaged and scarred for the liver to repair itself.
I would like to see my GP but getting an appt is a nightmare. I dont know if the medication I am taking clashes with the Hep C meds. Is there anyone going through the same thing?
Thank you x
If you can't get to see your doc go see the pharmacist.

• Agree
Reactions: Antje77

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I found pharmacists are more knowledgeable about drug interactions so try yours first. If they recommend seeing your GP call the surgery and tell them that.

Hi Hat Annie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was able to get through to my surgery. My doctor telephoned me back and was helpful. Next stop Barts Hospital.

Reactions: Antje77

JTL

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I was able to get through to my surgery. My doctor telephoned me back and was helpful. Next stop Barts Hospital.
Always remember the information you are looking for should be on the insert that came with the medication.
If you've lost the insert you'll find it online.
Just type the name of the medicine into Google.

• Informative
Reactions: Outlier