Hey guys

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am 4 months pregnant, and wondered if u could get Pre-eclampsia this early on? I will be phoning my midwife tomorrow, but googled (I know worse thing to do) and a few of my signs relate to this! On the plus side sugars have levels out last few days!!! Xx

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hiya @Finley02 you can get pre eclampsia any time during pregnancy but more common in the last trimester (I got it then). Have you been taking aspirin as that's supposed to help? (Prescribed dose from memory). Defo speak to your midwife. Assume they will put you on blood pressure medication if it's spiking and monitor you really closely if it is. I hope not xx

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello Hun

Ye it's the headaches and my last urine sample was slightly over on protein, I haven't seen my midwife and spoke with a relative over this weekend about this, I will call tomorrow, you know what it's like worrying haha - thank u so much xx

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello @Finley02

Definitely worth getting checked out! I had a scare, think I was about 24 weeks, my dsn (also a qualified midwife) checked me out. My ankles had swollen up, she checked my blood pressure and it was fine and kindly assured me that my ankles were now just fat for the duration!

best to get checked as put my mind at rest! Hope everything is ok X X

Reactions: 2 people

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey ladies,
Spoken with midwife this morning and she is not worried! I will be seeing her Friday so will discuss in more detail and just keep and eye on me... Feel abit better this morning hehe! Thank u sweeties xx

Reactions: 2 people