hhmmm, so much for new advice being low carb high fat

marigold36

Just been for my annual review, numbers ok, hba1c a bit up on last time, Im guilty of not being so stringent with myself over low carbing but I accept that its my fault.

However have just been told to have something like two weetabix and a banana for my breakfast, and take increased meds counteract it.

why oh why oh why.

and then was told to watch my carbs?????

no wonder diabetics are confused about what to eat.

Reactions: 10 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The really silly things is weetabix is processed and has added sugars through the factory process.

What they are advising is like putting petrol on a fire!

Where is the logic?

Reactions: 4 people

marigold36

i know, it would have been better to say, you took your eye off the ball a bit, tighten up your carbs. needless to say i will not be having weetabix and banana for brekkie tomorrow.

Reactions: 6 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been for my annual review, numbers ok, hba1c a bit up on last time, Im guilty of not being so stringent with myself over low carbing but I accept that its my fault.

However have just been told to have something like two weetabix and a banana for my breakfast, and take increased meds counteract it.

why oh why oh why.

and then was told to watch my carbs?????

no wonder diabetics are confused about what to eat.

Who gave you this advice?
Their qualifications are?
Was it the gps receptionist?

Reactions: 3 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
i know, it would have been better to say, you took your eye off the ball a bit, tighten up your carbs. needless to say i will not be having weetabix and banana for brekkie tomorrow.
Why ever not?:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
You could have a sandwich for lunch and a small portion of rice or pasta with your evening meal!:depressed::hungover::nurse:
Then you could take more and more meds before injecting insulin and then we could wheel you around in a wheelchair to help with the amputations and glaucoma!:bag:
Obviously it would be all your fault because you clearly weren't exercising portion control!:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Did you smile and shake your head?:rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people

marigold36

Well it was my practice nurse, and yes she did say i would obviously be on insulin at some point, as everybody is.

Thanks for the offer pf pushing me round though. :)

I just nodded and agreed and thought silently i will carry on low carbing as much as i can, its still a learning curve and Im not perfect.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Well it was my practice nurse, and yes she did say i would obviously be on insulin at some point, as everybody is.

Thanks for the offer pf pushing me round though. :)

I just nodded and agreed and thought silently i will carry on low carbing as much as i can, its still a learning curve and Im not perfect.
Same lecture from mine. Now I just shake my size 14 booty and smile sweetly (she is fatter than me:hilarious:)
In fact mine referred me to the hospital the one and only time I saw her, telling me there was no point in her seeing me again as her advice would remain the same. She also refused me a meter. My mantra is bs 5 size 14. To be repeated ad nauseum! :angelic:

Reactions: 7 people