Hi +4 glucose pee normal blood sugar

Liftupjoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I have had diabetes type 1 for 34 years, I have burning sensation in my vagina like cystitis but doc said no infection also my blood sugars are ok but my wee glucose is +4 every day ??? Has any body else had this and been diagnosed with something

Dark Horse

For most people, glucose will spill over from the blood into the urine when blood glucose levels reach 10 mmol/l as the kidney cannot manage to reabsorb all the glucose when the blood glucose levels get this high. This is an average value, though, and some people will get glucose in the urine at lower blood glucose levels.

If a vaginal swab has come back negative for infection, you might like to consider whether you are having a local reaction to bubble bath, shower gel, toilet paper, condoms, contraceptive gels etc. and avoid all potential irritants to see if the burning sensation improves. If not, go back to your GP.

Liftupjoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
For most people, glucose will spill over from the blood into the urine when blood glucose levels reach 10 mmol/l as the kidney cannot manage to reabsorb all the glucose when the blood glucose levels get this high. This is an average value, though, and some people will get glucose in the urine at lower blood glucose levels.

If a vaginal swab has come back negative for infection, you might like to consider whether you are having a local reaction to bubble bath, shower gel, toilet paper, condoms, contraceptive gels etc. and avoid all potential irritants to see if the burning sensation improves. If not, go back to your GP.

Thank you for your help xxx