Hi everyone quick update! New member

Princenaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So I had my appointment with my GP who apologised for not taking more time to explain what was going on he says that I am a type 2 diebetic however the reason I've not been given any medication is as my cholesterol is 6.9 and I weigh 108kilos and I am over weight I agree as I'm only 5f8inches but he says I did not have a hypo as when I went in to the hospital that day it was 5.1 after I ate half a chocolate £1bar lol when I thought I was having a hypo he explained it was a panic attack as i was streesing being diagnosed type2 and how I should control my panic attack and that I need to stop worrying and carry on with the exercise and the low carb diet as he says if I lose around 2stones I could reverse this also he appoligesed for not explaining that my diebieties was bought on by me being over weight and my bmi level.
I feel a lot better after the long discussion.
He said that my pancrias is struggling hence the low carb diet I have to go back end of January 2018 with new blood test I told him I'm on here so I have good people to chat to and help reassure me so going to try and get back into shape fingers crossed.
He also said the release of adrenalin was probably the cause of my panic attack due to fatigue and not eating enough combined with the caffeine. I'm going to give this losing weight my best. I'm going and try to chill out and take it easy hope this makes sence
Cheers guys

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi you will find lots of info for diet controlled type 2 here
My fitness pal is good for recording diet it’s free

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well that's better!
Despite a bad start it sounds like your doctor is offering good and helpful advice.
Best of luck

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
your doctor is supporting a low carb diet. your very lucky.