hi i,m type 2 on victoza dapagliflozin and carry nova rapid for back up i work at height

timberman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I recently had a medical at work where I was told I was not fit to work in a safety critical environment due to my diabetes I was referred to my doctor for a fitness to work statement. he would not give me one stating it is his job to treat my illness not to assess my fitness to work has anyone had any similar issues any help would be very much appreciated

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
@ timberman Hello sadly your doctor is right, you need to be in contact with an occupational therapist, and if you are in a trade union, their health and safety people.
The occu is one who assess your work fitness and job suitability, and the union people are there to look after your interests.
Get a copy of the report and if your gp, would give you some assistance in getting to the right person.

Have you had any condition issues while you have been at work and at height?

There are many things that can have you 'grounded' could even be they are just 'edgy' or has there been any issues in similar industrial situations, they are picking up on?
Maybe the web site has some information that might be of help to you, sorry I cannot be of more help to you, ttfn from Karen