lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to lose weight fast, what's the best way to do it?:) thanks
Hi Wendy welcome to the forum

Can I ask why you need to lose weight fast? Your profile says you don’t have diabetes so is it for some other health condition? In my opinion fast weight loss isn’t a great idea as it usually goes back on just as quickly.

I lost an enormous amount of weight with an 11st loss but it took me a couple of years and it was secondary to getting my T2 in control- so weight loss was a side effect of my new lifestyle but not my goal.

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Wendy welcome to the forum

Can I ask why you need to lose weight fast? Your profile says you don’t have diabetes so is it for some other health condition? In my opinion fast weight loss isn’t a great idea as it usually goes back on just as quickly.

I lost an enormous amount of weight with an 11st loss but it took me a couple of years and it was secondary to getting my T2 in control- so weight loss was a side effect of my new lifestyle but not my goal.
Because I'm so fat, it affects my health,I've tried all the exercise and diets, but they don't work. thank you

• Hug
Reactions: lovinglife

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Because I'm so fat, it affects my health,I've tried all the exercise and diets, but they don't work. thank you
Have you tried low carb or keto, that’s what most T2 on the forum use to control their blood sugars which some of us have found it’s a relatively good way to lose weight also.

So reduce or cut out carbs such as potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, flour products, grains, legumes. All sugary stuff, breakfast cereals

Lovely things you can eat, all meats fatty cuts are better, fish, above ground veggies, butter, cream, cheeses, berries. Full fat Greek yogurt. Good oils like olive oil and nut oils, avocado, bacon, eggs

The idea is that fat is more satiating than carbs, carbs make you hungry fat will keep you fuller for longer but you will also eat less, probably no need to count calories unless you are eating massive amounts. Just eat until you are full. You may find you will begin to skip meals if you eat to your hunger. Have a read around the forum especially the low carb recipes and what I’ve eaten today threads for ideas on what you can eat

Reactions: EllieM and Outlier
Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Have you tried low carb or keto, that’s what most T2 on the forum use to control their blood sugars which some of us have found it’s a relatively good way to lose weight also.

So reduce or cut out carbs such as potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, flour products, grains, legumes. All sugary stuff, breakfast cereals

Lovely things you can eat, all meats fatty cuts are better, fish, above ground veggies, butter, cream, cheeses, berries. Full fat Greek yogurt. Good oils like olive oil and nut oils, avocado, bacon, eggs

The idea is that fat is more satiating than carbs, carbs make you hungry fat will keep you fuller for longer but you will also eat less, probably no need to count calories unless you are eating massive amounts. Just eat until you are full. You may find you will begin to skip meals if you eat to your hunger. Have a read around the forum especially the low carb recipes and what I’ve eaten today threads for ideas on what you can eat
Thank you for sharing

• Friendly
Reactions: RobynV and EllieM