Hi There

0liver

Hi there,

My name is Oli and recently for the past 3 weeks I have had the urge to urinate often. Yesterday was when it got really bad, I would go to the toilet, come back and 5 minutes later need to go again. So went to the Doctors today, gave a urine sample and she didn't find an infection, did a quick glucose test (where they prick my finger) and the number came up with 65 or 6.5. She said this was alittle above normal and told me that I needed to do blood tests to find out more. Both are sent off today and get the results tomorrow.

I then told my Mum who then told me just now that there is diabetes on her side of the family. Now that I think about I have noticed a few things that strange after eating some foods. For example I eat a pizza last week and felt really 'unstable' after it and even after eating some normal foods such as a bagel, tuna and cheese, packet of crisps my heart rate rises and beats strong. It's almost like a mini high but a quite scary feeling.

Anyway just wanted to know does this sound like diabetes? I guess I will find out more information tomorrow from my doctor.

Oli

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Oli and welcome to the forum :)
I think it's best to wait for your Doctor's appointment tomorrow for your test results. Then there will be no doubt as to the cause of your symptoms. Then come back here if you have diabetes and ask all the questions you need to.