high bg

handman53

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi my fasting blood sugars are between 11-12 in the mornings and the same at night I take 1.2 units of victosa in the morning and 44 units of novamix dinnertime I take 2 metformin tea time I take 66 units of novamix and before bed 2 metaformin but still cannot get my blood sugars lower during the day they go to about 8 or 9 I eat no snacks during the day evening just a small piece of fruit normally small portion of porridge for breakfast ham sandwhich for lunch then meat veg and 2 potatoes for tea . I have only been on the novamix for 2 weeks before I was on insultard but a higher dose but my diabetic nurse is reluctant to higher my dose . she is happy with my day time readings which I think are still to high !!!! I do take lots of other medications as well but I always find in the evenings I am very hot and sweaty and don't know if that's because my blood sugars are high or its my thyroxine as I have no thyroid it was all removed years ago any help would be grateful

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
quite a lot of carbs there. see if you miss them for a couple of days and see. its your body if your not happy see if you can alter them. ok just spotted your thyroid problem try reducing them 1 at a time. cut out the spuds at tea and see. try a ham salad at dinner. and try yogurt and a piece of fruit and even some cheese. but as i said do it slowly. if you drop to far. add some back.

handman53

Type of diabetes
Type 2
thanks for the reply diabetic nurse rang today she wants me to increase my morning dose of insulin by 2 units she also things I am having a liver dump went to bed last night bg was 9.4 got up this morning was 11.4 she wants me to taking readings about 2 am in the morning for a few days to see if that is the case she thinks my bg lowers to much in the night causing liver dump I am not to sure but will test and see