High blood sugar levels mid morning

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there..

I'm just a bit confused, as a lot of the time at around 11/11:30, my blood sugar levels will be unusally high, like at about 17 or 18. I don't even know why a lot of the time, as I haven't eaten anything and have done my levemir at 11/11:30 ish (I take it twice a day, at about that time morning and night)
As well as this, my blood sugar levels could be 4.7 or something in the morning when I wake up, and again by this time it's shot up to 17 or something with no explination! :/

Does anyone know what this could be? It doesn't happen every day but it does happen a fair bit and I don't understand why/how to stop it

Thanks
Jess

I've had this problem, but it usually happened at 6am. For me it was my hormones. I don't think I could have gotten on top of it without the Pump. I programme it to give me more insulin (basal) for a few hours.

I was on Glargine when I was on injection therapy and it did not suit me at all!! I spent years & years trying to master it. Eventually I fought tooth & nail to get an insulin pump.

Possibly talk to your diabetes nurse about changing your injection times for Levimir?? Maybe inject it 2-3hours earlier? It might me running out by 10am then your BG rises (along with hormone changes).

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thats a good idea.. I could try injecting before when I normally do in the morning to see how it goes :) Thank you!

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also, I saw the consultant today and he suggested it could be when I don't have breakfast as breakfast breaks down the insulin resistance in the morning.. so ill always try to remember breakfast!