High Blood Sugar need advice

Caki827

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The last few weeks my BS has been steadily rising...i was in the hospital for 4 days last May with an unknown virus, since then my levels have been inconsistent. These last few weeks they have been getting over 200. This week I started exercising again and today my BS got as high as 258. I take 2000 metformin and that is all. We moved this summer and was not able to get into a new doctor until Sept 7. My question is should I go into urgent care or wait until the 7th.

koukSundo1188

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Whenever you exercise bs naturally rises. Try eating less, more often and lighter. Y don't u research a little and then answer your own questions here so we can learn too .. win/win.

I think super critical bs is near a 1000.

Perhaps, Look into the fasting forum and see what ppl are doing there. In the summer it being so hot bs is usually higher even without eating coz the liver freely releases more glycogen.

Drinking water before eating and measuring before u take metformin imo is a reasonable approach. U can also walk the stairs to mop up some bs imo. Sleeping more and earlier will def help metabolize ur food and cleanse the sugar.

Keep us posted please.
Eat cleaner if u can. Raw we washed Celery, broccoli and spinach are awesomely satisfying foods that work well with ur bs. Try it to believe it. Those ones also assist ur tastebuds freeing themselves from junk foods. GN, Sleep early and soundly. Melatonin tablets also help in falling asleep

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app