Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
candy etc
Hello everyone
I diagnosed with type 1 3 years ago
I'm using novorapid and lantus
My morning blood sugar test was 191 mg/dl i took my dose but it was just 168 i complete my day and this morning was 246 mg/dl
I wanna to ask why it is too high at the morning is it corrupted lantus and need to replace it the patch still new and i keep it in refregirator between 2 to 8 celsius i use panadol night before i sleep with rosauvastatin 10 mg due to my high cholesterol level my wight is 85 kg and im 27 years old
I appreciate your advices
Another thing i always feel wanna to go to toilet and when i test my self i find myself normal and below 100 mg/dl
This happened today

Bassiette

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
candy etc
One hoir before my bed but im working in shifts so aweek in the day and another at night

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One hoir before my bed but im working in shifts so aweek in the day and another at night

Is this aproximately the same time every day..? You mentioned "shifts". To clarify. You work one week day hours, the next week nights. On a two week rotation?

Reactions: Bassiette

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If your waking high every morning that would suggest you need to increase your basal dose at night.....

there could be other reasons but should be your first port of call....

Reactions: Bassiette

Bassiette

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
candy etc
Is this aproximately the same time every day..? You mentioned "shifts". To clarify. You work one week day hours, the next week nights. On a two week rotation?
Yes i change my lantus dose due to work
This start 3 days ago

Bassiette

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
candy etc
If your waking high every morning that would suggest you need to increase your basal dose at night.....

there could be other reasons but should be your first port of call....
I will try this today

Fearless36

Waking with high blood sugars isn't a bad thing, as the body naturally produces hormones like corsitol etc to enable you to get up and go first thing, so its actually very common for T1 diabetics to wake with higher readings even if they are on a basal bolus system. However, its worth chatting to your doctor about this as the others have said, it may be that you need to somewhat adjust your insulin ratios.

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How much Lantus do you take at bedtime? And I think you shouldn't inject refrigerated insulin. There's no need to keep the insulin pens you are using in the fridge, only the ones still in the boxes.

Bassiette

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
candy etc
How much Lantus do you take at bedtime? And I think you shouldn't inject refrigerated insulin. There's no need to keep the insulin pens you are using in the fridge, only the ones still in the boxes.
I tried new penfill yesterday and increase my dose from 26 to 28 but i wake today with high blood sugar 185 mg/dl i will by new patch today it looks the old one is corrupted
Yes the used one are always outside the fridge once i use a penfill i never return it back to the fridge

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Bassiette ,

The only issue I've experienced with injecting Lantus straight out of the fridge, is the dosage can sting when administered..

Bassiette

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
candy etc
I tested yesterday and today i was 151 and 161 respectively i used new patch and increase my dose slightly still higher than my target is it due to using crestor 10 that reduces my cholesterol level or another reason

Bassiette

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
candy etc
It's still high don't know what i should do really can lantus be corrupted or not 100% effective

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
It's really frustrating for you! See if taking Lantus at the same time each day makes a difference. Let us know if it does.
It may also be that it's harder to manage blood sugars because of shift work. You'll be upsetting your circadian rhythm, the way in which your body responds to light and dark, and your inbuilt body-clock, and this may be having an affect on the way your bs are behaving. Have you spoken to the people you work for about this? Would you be able to ask to have less frequent changes from day shift to night shift?
You may also be coming up against the kinds of food available at work - do you take your own meals in or is there a canteen?
Another factor that may be having an impact is the varied times at which you bolus on night shifts and day shifts and the action span of your novorapid.
I hope that it settles down once you've started taking Lantus at the same time every day.
Have you sought help and medical support with this problem?