How can I control this?

theoldfunker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Personally, I'm not keen on ideas people like Moseley and others refer to as "putting diabetes into remission", or "reversing diabetes".
I think it gives people the idea of a "cure" - these people aren't cured, but like me and many others on here they are managing their BGs down to almost normal levels. Eat a mars bar and test your BG half an hour later and people would see that nothing has been "cured", simply managed to near non-diabetic levels.
Years ago there was a channel 4 program looking at people on the 800 calories diet, and at the end they joyously pronounced that most of the people had reversed their diabetes, and even used the word "cured". How many of those people thought "that's ok then, back to the pie and mash"
I like this and I hope other people will read and understand. Diabetes has done the damage, it will not just go away. My blood glucose daily is 5.2 to 6.2. Food management and understanding has not "cured" me it has made me take control of my diet and make better choices.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not sure why mowing the lawn would raise your BGs? Unless you're eating a bacon butty as you do it! :D
Maybe your blood sugar levels went a bit low and you had a quick liver dump? In which case the resulting rise in BG should only be for a while.
Exercise can raise you BG and when I mow my lawn (quarter of an acre some of it on a slight incline) my pulse can go up to 130 bpm so I’d call that exercise :D