daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I'm adding another question to that - how did you insert the picture?

PickledPepper

Re: Bitter Melon/Momordica charantia/Kugua/Goya in dishes

Cinn and Daisy. Click on the attached image for instructions on how to quote and insert web pictures.

Attachments

• using forum.png
    using forum.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 9,387

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.

WOW :!: I don't think I'll dare to ask how you did that as I'm sure I don't have the equipment. I'm very impressed - you dazzle me with your brilliance :) As for me - I'm computer illiterate. Thanks so much for the explanation.

PickledPepper

No probs Daisy.

Test yourself by trying to stick a small picture into a post here by following the instructions.

That way you can get some practice!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.

Here's my test picture:

Thai394x297.jpg

Let's see if it worked...

Yes it did. Thanks for your tuition!

cinnamon

and I hope I will get the praise for my picture/entry too.

I don't need to 'cut and paste?'
Let's see.

cinnamon

Hi PickledPepper:
I think I have to 'cut and paste' in between ?

Thank you very much for the tuitions. You are most kind.
cinn

PickledPepper

I'ma liking the tree Cinnamon!

Yes, you need to put the text you want to quote between those two tags.

[quote.] Put your text in here!!! [/quote]

and it should come out like this:

Put your text in here!!!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
We have noticed that some members have been asking about inserting pictures, quote etc. We are splitting out the posts from here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16167

and hope this will become the place where we can all help each other understand and use the board better.

A

Anonymous

I have to go on here using my mobile. Can someone tell me why I can't use the smilies + all the other functions like bold etc.? When I click on anything I just get the written symbols on my text.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
They may come out alright here - do a test you can always delete it afterwards provided no-one else has posted on the same thread since. When we use smilies we don't see them in our typed text either but you can do preview to see how they come out.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Joely said:
I have to go on here using my mobile. Can someone tell me why I can't use the smilies + all the other functions like bold etc.? When I click on anything I just get the written symbols on my text.

On BB if you click the smiley
:D. It highlights then if you go to the BB menu and click ' copy' it should then show the smiley :D

oobuc5

Dont press the preview button

I just spent 45 minuets writing on T2 ,then i pressed preview and bingo got back to SIGNE IN PAGE
any body else suffered the same ?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Re: Dont press the preview button

oobuc5 said:
I just spent 45 minuets writing on T2 ,then i pressed preview and bingo got back to SIGNE IN PAGE any body else suffered the same ?

This is just something that will happen if there is a long period of inactivity. If you are typing a long piece it is always best to do it on a Notepad or Word Processor. Then just copy and paste it into a reply or new topic.

Its also not unknown for the forum to have the odd glitch !

A

Anonymous

Hi oobuc5.

I have to come on here using my mobile and when on sites and email I don't have alot of the functions. So, as I can't find any edit or draft function, I wrote a message and pressed the 'preview'. I just got a message saying 'The forum you are looking for doesn't exist'. ??

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Joely.
I frequently access the site using a Blackberry from all sorts of places. Never had a problem as you described. I can edit/delete/add......virtually all the things that I can do on my PC. No problem sending e-mails either.

I suppose we have to accept that not everything will perform perfectly when on our phones. I know it's limitations and just wait till I'm back at base if there is something important I need to do.