How often do u change the lancets

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi I find sometimes changing lancets daily makes my levels lower on my meter. Today come back from work I used the same one as yesterday reading was 7.8 changed the lancet 6.2. Do people change this daily?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can’t say a change of lancet ever made a difference to my readings. The official recommendation is of course to use a new lancer for every reading, but I suspect very few people do it that often!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I can’t say a change of lancet ever made a difference to my readings. The official recommendation is of course to use a new lancer for every reading, but I suspect very few people do it that often!
That's interesting. I change mine daily after about 5-6 pricks. It does make a difference for sure. Readings are higher if I don't change daily by up to 1.5mmol I find.

• Agree
Reactions: Lainie71

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
seeing as I’m using the Libre system I use lancets rarely maybe twice or three times a week but when I used them regularly it used them til they hurt…more , sort of like when I first got diagnosed , when I asked he diabetic nurse when do I change the needles on my glass and metal syringe ( oh the joys ) “ when they are blunt was the reply “ lol how far we have come

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Never every time, but I do wipe off the first drop of blood so I expect that to remove any contamination from the lancet used for a previous test.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I'm a once a day tester so I think i change about evey 6 months- or when someone posts this question on here, whichever is sooner! {Blush}
Once a day tester, same time every day or random tests?

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Change mine every time I finger prick. 3/4 times a day!

• Agree
Reactions: Lainie71