How to get rid of kidney stones when you have diabetestype2

Mums_Taxi

Type of diabetes
Carer
Hi I'm Christine , my good friend has diabetes type 2 also has kidney stones , I just wondered if anyone here had the same , and if so have they any natural remedies to get rid of them and also to prevent them occurring , thank you x

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ha Ha, I saw that article too!!! ;)
Probably lots of water to try to flush the stone through but will need particular medication to help it as very painful :(
Hope all goes well and s/he feels better very soon

D

Deleted member 308541

I read / heard somewhere years ago that they used a form of ultrasound to break kidney / bladder stones up into tiny bits, so that they are "passable".

I can imagine the pain for a male passing a bigger piece than normal. :arghh:

Neohdiver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I read / heard somewhere years ago that they used a form of ultrasound to break kidney / bladder stones up into tiny bits, so that they are "passable".

I can imagine the pain for a male passing a bigger piece than normal. :arghh:
They still do - but it is not a trivial procedure (it requires general anesthesia), and most doctors prefer to have you try to pass it first.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had them. LOW OXALATE foods like dark leafy greens ( spinach,male, chard) nuts. Lower protein and high purine. Lower sodium ( under 2500 g) and lemon water. Flush flush flush

Nidge247

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Lots and lots of water to drink to flush them out. I've had them twice, and can confirm they are unbelievably excruciatingly painful (I likened it to a burst appendix but without the temperature).

@Tipetoo the pain is far worse than manflu - imagine that!