How to make diseases disappear - Dr Chatterjee

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
He sounds good in theory... but the fact is not all triggers for diseases are able to be identified. I live with a few myself that they do not know the cause. So how are they expected to treat something they don't know the cause of using this docs theory? They don't really know, it's trial and error at controlling symptoms. That is how most of the docs operate in my experience. This guy seems to tie everything down to man made problems as to why disease exists (eg. man hasn't stood in sun long enough, eaten the right foods, exercised enough, exposed themselves to toxic environments, etc)... not sure if that would apply to all diseases or not. I wouldn't think he has all the answers, as no one else does. But we do for sure live in a world that is decaying which includes us. It's only if they can identify the trigger of a disease that they could actually attempt to do something about it. Like to this day noone has figured out how to live in their physical bodies forever, that's because no one has figured out how to stop decay. We are all going to die of something so it makes sense there are diseases, etc. All part of life.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
When we go to the extreme north west of Scotland on holiday, where there is zero air pollution and people largely eat what they have grown themselves along with fish from non-polluted rivers and sea and mutton from sheep which are farmed on every croft. The people live in community, with the tasks as well as celebrations shared, everyone is seen as having equal value and there are very many hale and hearty elderly people living beyond 90 - just saying!

Reactions: Indy51

peterjones6000

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Miserable people
Gee! I wish I had seen him 12 months ago I could have made my lung cancer go away 'Poof!'

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We can't prevent all diseases, and all conditions - because they have so many different causes.

BUT (and it is a huge BUT) a good diet - and I am not talking Healthy Plate - and a sensible level of activity, enough fresh air and sunlight, minimal pollution, and sensible levels of stress management are going to allow our bodies to have the best resilience and the best immune resistance when those diseases and conditions appear.

Likewise, a sedentary existence, with processed food, little fresh air or sun and the kind of chronic stress levels we get nowadays are going to set us up for low disease resistance and the kind of chronic health complaints that are becoming so common nowadays.

He is just talking common sense, IMHO.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
We can't prevent all diseases, and all conditions - because they have so many different causes.

BUT (and it is a huge BUT) a good diet - and I am not talking Healthy Plate - and a sensible level of activity, enough fresh air and sunlight, minimal pollution, and sensible levels of stress management are going to allow our bodies to have the best resilience and the best immune resistance when those diseases and conditions appear.

Likewise, a sedentary existence, with processed food, little fresh air or sun and the kind of chronic stress levels we get nowadays are going to set us up for low disease resistance and the kind of chronic health complaints that are becoming so common nowadays.

He is just talking common sense, IMHO.

Yeh I agree with living the best lifestyle you can possibly live. I think the heading of "how to make diseases disappear" is not really true. Even for people who do their best, they still get diseases. I'm thinking of a family member of mine who has lived a healthy lifestyle all her life and she's living with complications from diabetes. But then as one of my brother's always says in jest... eat healthy, live healthy, and die anyway. lol. My grandparents lived healthy lifestyle too but they suffered a lot with health along the way. They'd fuss over what chemicals may be in vegetables, what water they were drinking, not eating too much of any one thing, getting their daily exercise, etc. But at the end of the day you do what you can do to help.... I agree with that aspect of what this doc is saying. As to whether or not it is a cure is another thing entirely. You may find it could help prevent perhaps in some cases.