Huge suffering

al_leister

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Greedy Humans.....greedy animals I don't mind. I do like meat and fish but choose not to eat it!
I am so lucky that I currently do not require the services of what’s left of the countries’ social safety net. Of course that could change for me, as it could for anyone, regardless of current assets. “Nothing is permanent,” as someone once said.
Anyhow, when I read horror stories like the one below I can’t help but ponder that if there was a rocket out of this place to a civilised society on a different planet I would buy a ticket and depart this weekend :)

Full story, click on link below.

“The basic cost of living is generally higher for sick and disabled people than for the average citizen. This is because of the additional costs of special food, medicines or equipment they might need, extra heating and lighting costs for those who need to stay at home longer, or transport costs for those who are less mobile.

“These extra costs are not luxuries. They are essential to leading a basic life of dignity, and any civilised society should make it a priority to see that people who need this help get it without fuss. The evidence we are publishing here shows that, under the new Personal Independence Payment, too many disabled people are not getting that support, and many are falling into poverty as a result.
http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2897-huge-suffering-caused-by-pip-delays

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Nothing surprises me any more about our politicians and the way they treat the people they need to vote them in.
The tax allowance the Tories spouted on about last week sums it up. The people who are the poorest working don't pay tax! These people and those who cannot afford to survive on benefits are queuing up at the food banks.