EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Thanks @Chas C , am waiting to go on to a tandem tslim so have bookmarled the link. Answers a lot of questions I was wondering about.

Reactions: Hopeful34

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Thanks @Chas C , am waiting to go on to a tandem tslim so have bookmarled the link. Answers a lot of questions I was wondering about.

T skim only gives 60% of required corrections so if high and you need to come back into control you DO need to manually correct

By clicking the bolus button the pump will actually suggest the bolus to be given even without carbs this will be the remaining 40%.

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: EllieM and Chas C

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
T skim only gives 60% of required corrections so if high and you need to come back into control you DO need to manually correct

By clicking the bolus button the pump will actually suggest the bolus to be given even without carbs this will be the remaining 40%.
Not quite the full story. Yes while the Tslim will only make a correction bolus of 60%. Control IQ will also temporarily increase the basel rate until things look under control.

• Informative
Reactions: EllieM

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Not quite the full story. Yes while the Tslim will only make a correction bolus of 60%. Control IQ will also temporarily increase the basel rate until things look under control.

Certainly in my case basal increases only happen in sleep mode no corrections.. in normal mode it’s corrections only

Reactions: eventhorizon

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Certainly in my case basal increases only happen in sleep mode no corrections.. in normal mode it’s corrections only
You made me doubt myself! But on checking I definitely get bolus corrections and basal adjustments when in normal mode. Fairly aggressive increases as well. Up to 6 units / hour when my normal basal runs at around 1.1 units / hour.

• Agree
Reactions: Hopeful34

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I get bolus corrections and basal increases in normal mode with Control IQ.
We all do but the rate depends upon your settings in your personal profile and how well you are. Aggressive settings can result in faster corrections but then these can result in lower BG's that need sorting. I used to have pretty aggressive settings but recently retuned to the 500 rule, correction = 100/daily insulin dose, Carb ratio = 500/daily insulin dose.

This post is about illness and high BG that pumps struggle to correct then how to deal with these ;)