Type 2 Hyperglycaemia

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
6.4 right now

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Depends on my meal.
You are very right, it all depends on our meal. The higher the carb the higher number. Also the amount we eat matters. It is better to take smaller meals. Not sure if you agree with me on that.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You are very right, it all depends on our meal. The higher the carb the higher number. Also the amount we eat matters. It is better to take smaller meals. Not sure if you agree with me on that.
If I eat a large meal with very little carbs I don't spike much.

Reactions: lucylocket61

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Over the past few months has ranged from 6.0 to 15 with the odd couple of Hi readings.

Reactions: PaulAshby

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Over the past few months has ranged from 6.0 to 15 with the odd couple of Hi readings.
Don't beat yourselves up about occasionally high BG readings that's what insulins for, as long as you respect it.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not really. Fewer but larger and more filling meals - that do not spike glucose - are best.

Every time you stimulate insulin (by eating glucose causing foods) as a type 2 you add to the circulating insulin. High levels of circulating insulin contribute to insulin resistance making the whole issue progressively worse not better. Allowing levels to drop back to baseline with longer gaps between meals reduces and even reverses this effect.