I broked it! :(

bufferz

My accucheck compact GT is poorly :( I used it yesterday morning, and the motor sounded sick then, but read my blood ok, then when i turned it off(so it kicks out the used strip), it wouldnt and kept coming up with error E17. So i removed the drum, refitted it and now it tries to find the empty slot, but fails. I inserted a new drum this morning and again, it sounds rough, cant push the strip right thru and beeps saying E13 error :roll: I presume I need a new one?

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Check your manual: these are from the US version as you have to be registered to view it on the UK site so may or may not be relevant. :wink:
E13
The test strip is stuck in
the test strip slot or the test
drum does not rotate. Pull
the test strip out of the meter
and discard it. Then, take the
test drum out and reinsert it.
Remember the 90-day useby
counter in the meter is
no longer correct. The drum
symbol flashes until you
install a new test drum.
• The meter was turned off
and on again, but the test
strip is still in the meter.
Hold the meter straight up
and down and let the test
strip drop out, or take it out
manually even if it takes a
small amount of force.
So there could be a strip stuck in it. If not call Accuchek they will hopefully send you a new one.

jopar

Have you tried putting fresh batteries in? when I had this meter, the motor would sound slugish when battery power was low, and it seemed to have more problems with reading, and pushing the strips out..

And have you also tried cleaning the sensor window, and ensureing theres nothing caught in the hole where the strips cames out, as this all can lead to these error readings!

If you having problems, I should still have a manual hanging around as my husband still uses this one so quite happy to post up what the instruction manual says (don't think it will break copyright), but if you phone the helpline, they will go through all the bits with you, and if it's broke then will send you a replacement meter, and if you want to change to a newer meter such as the nano just ask, they are generally very good with these types of request

bufferz

thanks to you both, is the nano better than the compact? I got the compact as i liked the whole drum and pricker all in one place bit of it, as it was a pain with my old advantage when i lost any of the bits, and when you have to manually prick your finger cos you cannot find the pen, it doesnt half hurt! :oops:

jopar

I must admit I do like the nano a lot better than the compactplus, which is about as compact as a housebrick..

Everything fits in the case nicely and it's pretty easy to lug around with you, I generally keep mine in my handbag, or coat pocket, but have been know to have pen, meter and strips tucked into verious jeans pockets!!

I've not as yet lost a pen, but have managed to run over my meter/pen with my car, didn't fair well on that little advanture the only item that survived was the needle clipper :shock:

Another plus's

It's comes with the multiclix pen... Nicer and feels more robust
The read out brightness can be adjusted, and doesn't suffer from sun bleaching so much
It is a lot easier to see and line up your blood drop
And if attempting to carry out a discreet blood-test anywhere, you don't get the whirlling and clicking

But otherwise the about the same

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
bufferz
If you don't find a solution quickly, contact the supplier.
Hana