I give up.

Sharan96

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Been struggling with T1 since I was 12. Always thought it would get better, but it hasn't. I'm 19 now. A1c has never been favorable. Sometimes, I'm motivated to bring my health under control but all it takes is one thought of a bleak future,and I fall off the wagon again. Feels like my teenage days are behind me. I didn't have the kind of fun I'd hoped to have, neither did I achieve my health targets. Is there a point to this daily struggle?

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Salutations - newbies unite!
Oh yes, there is ALWAYS a point to our daily struggle, but I myself don't often know what it is prospectively or 99% retrospectively, but I know there is a point and one day I will know what it is.
When I read your post, (apart from one aspect) it brings to my mind the 'par for course' person of your age group. I was wondering if you have gone through transition care, I expect you have at 19, once bedded-down into adult care I think your T1 may well settle more. You do have to work at it a bit yourself, because it's not a condition that sorts itself, which you already know! This is where you need support, which can be brilliant; my advice here is don't push it all away, pick judiciously. Myself, I listen, read, and ask, then cogitate - then I make my decision on what I'm going to do. I would like to throw into the equation too, that your future is not bleak - but your foresight might be, in my mind a big difference in your favour.
The one thing that stands out about your post, to me, is your apparent sadness with it all. You really do sound quite dispirited? If you didn't feel despondent do you think you might tackle the T1 a little more head on? Maybe the lowness of mood needs addressing. I would suggest seeing GP if this is so.
I think you're going to sail through this little rocky episode, my friend, I really do.
I am not T1, I am not in your age group, I hope I haven't sounded prescriptive. I just feel positive about you!