I have a Heart Condition

• Thread starter Deleted member 538117
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 538117

Hi to all.

I have been for a Heart Scan and I have a blockage in my LAD artery hence why I've been having chest pains ect and inflammation
ect I am waiting for another cardiology appointment to come through to see what they R going to do next.

Anyone else have the Same I am diabetic and my blood sugars are all over the place.

Sparklebright62.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Type 1 for 40 plus years had a heart attack in 2012 didn’t know in fact drove myself to hospital , had stent fitted not had any problem since doc who put stent in said “ stop smoking and I’ll never see you again “
I stopped smoking no brainier really

Last edited:

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Try not to stress too much sparkle right. It's good that you have been seen and diagnosed although it must seem scary. I had 95% blockage in my lad, but it was all sorted with stents 5 years ago and not looked back since. Changed diet to a low carb diet and upped the exercise. It was a big wake up call and I feel so much healthier now. Hope it works out well for you, good luck on your journey to a healthier happier place.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi to all.

I have been for a Heart Scan and I have a blockage in my LAD artery hence why I've been having chest pains ect and inflammation
ect I am waiting for another cardiology appointment to come through to see what they R going to do next.

Anyone else have the Same I am diabetic and my blood sugars are all over the place.

Sparklebright62.
I went through this sort of journey a few years ago. I too have a branch block and its still there, However, I had some angio scans that showed I was needing my plumbing re arranged, so I ended up with a triple bypass. I spent six months in cardio ward waiting for it to happen, then it was all over in week. Op went well and I was up and out of bed next day. I asked them to put in a zip incase they needed to intervene again but they didn't. It was a weird trip, but its given me nearly 10 years so far, As regards the diabetes, you will be on a pump / drip until recovery is well in place, so they will control it for you during and after the op if that is what they advise you to have. Good luck, and they are pretty good at doing it now. They get plenty of practice.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi to all.

Sparklebright62.
If you have blockage, they may try a stent or angioplasty, which they will do during an angio scan. You can watch them do it on the monitor and it is done under local anaesthetic. You will be in for short stay, and although it is a less invasive procedure it has its drawbacks. The stents will need replacing at a later date since they fur up. If they use contrast dye, then there is a risk your kidneys will complain.

D

Deleted member 538117

Hi to all,

I have been to the doctors about this today and she says it's up to the consultant if they do this but I want it done cus if it gets left it will get worse then I could poss have a heart attack I don't want that.

So what can I do?

Sparklebright62.

• Hug
Reactions: Lainie71

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The doctor has done her part by making the referral to the consultant. it is their hands now. But a blockage is a blockage and generally does not get worse. If the clot gets dislodged then it can travel to places you would rather it didn;t, but thats something that anyone can get a problem with. They may try to thin it out with blood thinner meds, and they should be adding in BP meds to your pillbox to reduce risk of the clot breaking loose

Ray_Irl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm diabetic 2, age 60 ,started to get a slightly cold feeling in my chest when walking briskly. Also energy levels started to drop over a 4 month window. Anyway, in May 2022, had angiogram, 90% blockage observed in LAD. Inherited 2 Stents immediately, a 45min painless procedure. The dog had me back walking a few days later, buckets of energy now, like having a new engine installed. No negatives to comment on.