I have diabetes – can I have sex?

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Errrrmmm ...has everybody forgotten the first and most important answer which is actually another question... are you 16 or over?
The law is quite clear about the age of consent and here in England it is 16.

ilnar

Hobs said:
Errrrmmm ...has everybody forgotten the first and most important answer which is actually another question... are you 16 or over?

ha!
if she isn't do you really think she wont if she wants to?

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
Thank you Hobs, I am sure that there are 1 or 2 posters that were not aware of that law.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
anna29 said:
It is a twinkle in your eye , a smile on your lips , and a glow in your soul :D

Sounds more like the promise of an oaky smokey single malt to me.

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
I'll drink to that Yorkie ! Pass the bottle !

Mr Happy

Hobs said:

Quick, someine tell the BBC

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
I have a few questions.

Are you legal?
Are you afraid of the idea of having sex?
Are you in a long lasting loving relationship?
Do you have good BG control?
Do you want to have sex with your partner?

If the answer to ANY of the above are no, I would say no.

I don't know you or my situation right now, be happy, be careful.

Mart :)

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Mo, I have the feeling mrs martwolves would do exactly the same, hence I have said nothing about this post to her! Lol. Take care, bud.

ilnar

martwolves said:
I have a few questions.

Are you in a long lasting loving relationship?

Mart :)

good lord, we should close down every uni campus in the world,

if she wants to, its her business,

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Ilnar - this person seems very reluctant and unsure, stupid remark from myself I admit, in todays environ. I felt there may have been a sense of unwillingness as young folk today in many cases have sex at the drop of a hat. The girl drops her hat, bends over to pick it up.....

ilnar

martwolves said:
Ilnar - this person seems very reluctant and unsure, stupid remark from myself I admit, in todays environ. I felt there may have been a sense of unwillingness as young folk today in many cases have sex at the drop of a hat. The girl drops her hat, bends over to pick it up.....

that last bit did make me giggle

I have been a diabetic for 3 years now (tipe 1) me and my bf desided that we want to do it! But I'm a little bit scared because I don't know what effect it will have on me!!! Should I be worried or not???

i have to admit, im not sure reluctant and unsure (about wanting to)

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
I agree on uncertainty. There's so much you don't get briefed on upon diagnosis and it as a valid question. I've been ok on the sex front, fortunately as marriage curtailed the frequency of my bouts in bed. Seriously I agree with the many posters who advised taking a carb loaded snack to avoid hypo-glycemia post-coitous and falling asleep. The dawn phenonemon would also help raise BC levels.

Mart.

ilnar

my fiancée has started baking, delicious delicious cupcakes,
thankfully she has a unique way of offering to help burn off the glucose :D

A

Anonymous

martwolves said:
I agree on uncertainty. There's so much you don't get briefed on upon diagnosis and it as a valid question. I've been ok on the sex front, fortunately as marriage curtailed the frequency of my bouts in bed. Seriously I agree with the many posters who advised taking a carb loaded snack to avoid hypo-glycemia post-coitous and falling asleep. The dawn phenonemon would also help raise BC levels.

Mart.

But I want to fall asleep afterwards ... after the 'fag' of course!

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hobs said:
However the Law and Governments do not take into consideration the need for sex for the over sixties and discounts for old age pensioners with regard to Cream Crackers.
Also it should be against the Law for a woman to have a Headache whenever it is that time. :lolno:
This is a very good a fun thread, the OP sounds wise enough to take all the necessary safety steps regarding good sex.
Roy. :)( can someone remind, me "what was sex" as my adult children have banned us from it!!! )