I must be stupid but I cant use the SD Codefree machine

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe I wish I had known previously about the discount codes, as I've just ordered and received today 3 pots for £20.97! I am getting through quite a lot of these strips per day, I really am hoping that I can reduce the amount once I know what's foods affect me. @jal16 for the life of me, I too couldn't figure out how to set it up. I could get blood and test etc, but I wanted the entire Apple(pre meal) bitten Apple(post meal) symbols.. I went by almost an entire month, until I eventually figured it out by toggling with the battery a bit and presto it worked. I've even got the cable that sends reports to my PC, I mean to get these sugars down:nailbiting:

Those of us who have been using the codes for a while do share them regularly, but I think most folks, at the beginning, don't appreciate how many strips they'll get through, in the early testing phase, at least.

Even at full price, the Codefree are still incredibly cost effective, versus their competitors).

Reactions: 2 people

jal16

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had similar problems when I started testing but luckily my son who had worked as a diabetic link worker in a hospital showed me how to do it. I also had been taking finger to test strip instead of test strip to finger not allowing the capillary action to take place he also suggested that as I was having a little difficulty getting enough blood to sort of milk the finger I was testing that is to rub the finger with a finger of the other from base or middle knuckle of finger toward the tip of the finger this moves blood into the end of the finger making sure you get sufficient blood to test.

John
Hi John,

I read your post this morning and decided to have another go tonight using your son's advice. It worked!!:) I got such a large blob of blood out there was enough for plenty of tests, Ill try turning the jabber down a bit :smug: Thanks for yours and your son's advice, at least I know now what my evening reading is at the moment. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: