I now have a Freestyle libre! Anyone else??

daisymj14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all,

I have been seeing my diabetic consultant weekly and today I have been given a freestyle libre as I'm looking to stabilise my sugars and reduce hypos.

I am so far amazed by how easy it is, and I love the fact that it tells you which way your levels are going.

Just looking to share some experiences with anyone who has one, any advice appreciated!

X

Reactions: himtoo

clarejenkins

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salad as makes me vomit, all raw vegetables, nuts etc give me indigestion
I have one that I buy myself. It has really helped me to see how different foods affect my BG. Was trying to do finger prick tests and got very sore fingers. now i have 24 hour feadings and records of hba1c. Istarted metformin this week so will be interested to see the effect. very easy to place the sensor. i use sticky swabs to improve adhesion as one fell out (suggesred by abbott on libre support group). nb i am diabetes 2 but knw people who use it who are insulin and they agree it s great. good luck

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@daisymj14 . Lots of information and reviews in the Blood Glucose Monitoring thread.
You may get more information there.:)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
it is an amazing tool to help get BG's stabilised--- do keep posting with how you progress over the next 2 weeks

all the best !!