I thought I was having such a good day

whatashock

Good evening. Just thought I would share my experience today.

Currently getting levels of between 6&7 in the morning, about the same before dinner, and high seven to low eight in the evening after dinner

Being the weekend, we went out for lunch to Old Orleans.
Had Enchiladas, and then mushroom chicken with breaded mushrooms, and herb potatoes.
Strawberrys and cream for dessert.

I decided that even though I am still gettting an understanding, and only four weeks in, I would 'go for it'
My level before eating was 5.0. One hour after I was 6.1, and tehn 5.8. I was amazed.

I then went out to watch the footy, and had a handful of chips (chip shop chips).

ust took my levels before dinner, and I was 8.9.

Just wondering. Are the chip shop chips that bad???

I know the low carbers will tell me I was mad, but unless I try, I will not learn.

Back to the gym in the morning for a heavy workout.

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I reckon you're doing it just about right. The lessons learned first hand are the ones we don't forget.

All the best,

fergus

whatashock

Thanks for that.

I think I got a bit cocky, by having a good day, but then from all I have read, the effects will hit you in two hours as a max.

Trinkwasser

It's not impossible that the cream and other ingredients in your lunch delayed the onset of the glucose spike, then you went and ate chips just as the first lot of glucose was also arriving in your blood. Or the footie made you overrexcited.

Just Say No To Chips. You Know It Makes Sense.