If travel to France

Catkysydney

And don't forget, those on the continent speak better English than in the UK. Ha!
Been to many countries and you will find it fascinating and welcoming.
Most speak English as second language.

Long airline travel from down under.. season and day time is opposite.. wow !! My first experience..

mod edit to conform with rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: jjraak and Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Travelling around in July might be very warm especially in southern Europe but should be okay northern france, Netherlands and the UK unless we have a record breaking summer again. But the spring has been a bit reluctant to warm up.
The benefits are the destinations, not the travelling, but I always enjoy the journeys.

Hope you enjoy some incredible places in Europe.

Catkysydney

Travelling around in July might be very warm especially in southern Europe but should be okay northern france, Netherlands and the UK unless we have a record breaking summer again. But the spring has been a bit reluctant to warm up.
The benefits are the destinations, not the travelling, but I always enjoy the journeys.

Hope you enjoy some incredible places in Europe.

Yes, I am aware that , but my partner said it is the best time to visit , he wanted to go late of July ( Olympic will be in Paris , so made it earlier . This is better for me ). I am worried because I have hyperhidrosis.. I have to carry water and salt all the time .. dehydration is not good for Keto …. Italy is my concern.. I may become sick .. so I have to carry antibiotics with me as well .. I cannot book any tour in advance ..
As you said, other countries will be OK , but Italy…
3 days in Rome and 3 days in Venice.. I need a lot of water .. I feel comfortable in UK ( 6 days ).
Thank you very much for your advice !!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You will find and it's best if you do, buy bottled water from supermarkets, choose a known brand and use a racetrack to give them around.
Yes, I am aware that , but my partner said it is the best time to visit , he wanted to go late of July ( Olympic will be in Paris , so made it earlier . This is better for me ). I am worried because I have hyperhidrosis.. I have to carry water and salt all the time .. dehydration is not good for Keto …. Italy is my concern.. I may become sick .. so I have to carry antibiotics with me as well .. I cannot book any tour in advance ..
As you said, other countries will be OK , but Italy…
3 days in Rome and 3 days in Venice.. I need a lot of water .. I feel comfortable in UK ( 6 days ).
Thank you very much for your advice !!
Rome is hot in July, but not stifling, Venice is more northerly, and not that bad but the canals stink on the tide.
Keep hydrated.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Where are you staying in UK?
Being nosey!

Catkysydney

You will find and it's best if you do, buy bottled water from supermarkets, choose a known brand and use a racetrack to give them around.

Rome is hot in July, but not stifling, Venice is more northerly, and not that bad but the canals stink on the tide.
Keep hydrated.

Yes, Italy is a bit of worry.. I will buy a lot of water bottles and take electrolytes with salt. I am on Keto diet , so they are helpful for that too …

• Agree
Reactions: Lamont D

Catkysydney

Where are you staying in UK?
Being nosey!

We booked at The Crown And Sceptre Hotel in London. I am looking for visiting 221b Baker Street..I am a Sherlockian.. lol.
Oh .. I checked their web site now , I found out the room does not have aircon…. Now I am worried .. the end of July will be hot ??

• Friendly
Reactions: Lamont D

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Air conditioning is rare in the UK.
You may find some bland chain hotels with it but generally we are fine to just open a window.
The temperature in July is what it is. Some years it is in the low 30s and other years it may only reach the low 20s on a few days when it rains for the rest of the month.

You seem to be looking for problems on your holiday whereas to me it sounds like a wonderful adventure. Things will not always go to plan which is why we need to be flexible. It all adds to the experience and stories afterwards.

I have stayed in some lovely places but what I really remember is things like the complete stranger sharing an umbrella in a Singaporean rain storm, the quirky jazz bar recommended by the hotel receptionist to get out of the freezing cold night in Prague, the night time swim on a hot night in Melbourne, the fantastic Easter parade we just happened upon in Madrid, the tango dancing in the square in Aix en Provence, the goats cheese market in Marseille, playing football with the kids in Ghana, the Afghan restaurant we happened upon in Munich, …
in other words, the fun, unplanned unexpected rather than the guide book sights and meals.
And all of it was experienced with Type 1 diabetes.

France, Italy, Netherlands and UK are all very diverse, exciting, cosmopolitan countries. You will have a ball, especially if you go with a positive attitude.

• Winner
Reactions: jjraak

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We booked at The Crown And Sceptre Hotel in London. I am looking for visiting 221b Baker Street..I am a Sherlockian.. lol.
Oh .. I checked their web site now , I found out the room does not have aircon…. Now I am worried .. the end of July will be hot ??
Yep, went there many moons ago. The other museums are brilliant.
There is so much to visit in London, even if your not a royalist, the places around there are full of historical interest. My favourite has always been the Tower of London.
Take in a show, you have to do the sightseeing.
And there is some real joys to see and visit outside London.
It is an adventure.
And it could be .miserable and typical British summer weather, raining, fifteen degrees. It is possible to have all four seasons in one day in this country. I wouldn't worry!

Catkysydney

Air conditioning is rare in the UK.
You may find some bland chain hotels with it but generally we are fine to just open a window.
The temperature in July is what it is. Some years it is in the low 30s and other years it may only reach the low 20s on a few days when it rains for the rest of the month.

You seem to be looking for problems on your holiday whereas to me it sounds like a wonderful adventure. Things will not always go to plan which is why we need to be flexible. It all adds to the experience and stories afterwards.

I have stayed in some lovely places but what I really remember is things like the complete stranger sharing an umbrella in a Singaporean rain storm, the quirky jazz bar recommended by the hotel receptionist to get out of the freezing cold night in Prague, the night time swim on a hot night in Melbourne, the fantastic Easter parade we just happened upon in Madrid, the tango dancing in the square in Aix en Provence, the goats cheese market in Marseille, playing football with the kids in Ghana, the Afghan restaurant we happened upon in Munich, …
in other words, the fun, unplanned unexpected rather than the guide book sights and meals.
And all of it was experienced with Type 1 diabetes.

France, Italy, Netherlands and UK are all very diverse, exciting, cosmopolitan countries. You will have a ball, especially if you go with a positive attitude.

Thank you very much for your reply !!
I tend to worry due to my ailment.., but I will bring a lot of medicines for that ( my doctor recommended me ) . I have food and medicine allergy too . I will ask my doctor EpiPen…
I will be ok if I prepared well ..

Catkysydney

Yep, went there many moons ago. The other museums are brilliant.
There is so much to visit in London, even if your not a royalist, the places around there are full of historical interest. My favourite has always been the Tower of London.
Take in a show, you have to do the sightseeing.
And there is some real joys to see and visit outside London.
It is an adventure.
And it could be .miserable and typical British summer weather, raining, fifteen degrees. It is possible to have all four seasons in one day in this country. I wouldn't worry!

Wow !! That is great !!
I booked Buckingham Palace tour and Midsomer Murders Tour already ..
my partner said the Tower of London, too !
Stonehenge looks great to me !
Also my partners favourite Lion King ! He watched many times ! We watched it in Sydney too .
My partner lived in London before for his business, so he loves it . He watches UK news instead of Australian News…lol..
We both love UK dramas to watch ! I bought DVD of Luther , Manhunt, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, An Inspector Calls , Midsomer Murders, Maiglet.. etc.. actors are great !! Long history of theatrical productions … from Shakespeare..
We will enjoy our trip !

• Friendly
Reactions: jjraak and Lamont D