I'm so sad

ewan

Dislikes
kidneys, sci fi and hooror
that i'm getting excited becuase i have spoken to 'life scan' who are sending me 2 spanking new meters!!

ewan

Dislikes
kidneys, sci fi and hooror
well i rang life scan, cuase the 2 meters they promised never arrived, they said theyhad nevver heard of me, despite their website stating they had sent me a meter, so i re registered with them, the nice lady took all my details and promised to send me 2. so taoday 5 arrived!! plus 50 free strips, each meter came with 10 brill

Paiste

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being diabetic..
Cool..
Whats a life scan?
Can i have 1? :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
LifeScan are manufacturers and suppliers of Bg meters.

The best one for a Type 1 is the OneTouch UltraSmart. Phone Lifescan and remember to tell them you are testng frequently......6-7 times a day and you should get one for free. Mention that you could do with one for the car and they will probably also send you the OneTouch UltraEasy. I have both and they are excellent meters.

Customer Care UK & Ireland.
0800 121 200 (UK)
1800 535 676 (Ireland)
E-mail: [email protected]
Hours: Mon-Fri 8.30 to 6.00pm
Sat 9.00am to 1.00pm

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
+1 on the Ultrasmart. Very nice piece of kit. Make sure you read and understand the manual - using this to it's full potential is awesome.

jessie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I quite fancy a shiny new meter! Preferably pink :wink: Should my Doctor prescribe me free strips of any brand? I kind of assumed I was tied to the Optium ones I've always used, just because that's what I was given on diagnosis...

Jessie. x

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I had no trouble getting my prescription changed to match my new meter. Just tell your GP that you've bought a meter, and would like strips to suit.

Maybe ring him BEFORE you get the meter just in case. :wink:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Clairslloyd said:
Ooh would I be able to get one (or 2) - am t2 tho!!!!

Same advice as the T1........tell them you are testing frequently and you should get something from them ! 6 - 7 times a day for now........ :D

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Check with local Pharmacist as well. They should be able to tell you which strips are most commonly prescribed in your area.

I have no trouble getting OneTouch prescribed here.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Clairslloyd said:
They wouldnt give me one because I am not t1. My doc won't prescribe because I am diet only!!!!

Who.....won't give you a meter ?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
In that case then try any or all of these Companies. Most are happy to provide one. Try Accu-CheK.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care ... guide.html

I am a T2 and I got both meters free from LIfescan, no problem. :? You would have thought they would have let you have the OneTouch UltraEasy which is a simple meter....... :(