Indapamide

antmos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I have recently had a water tablet, Indapamide, added to my collection of pills and I am having quite a lot of side effects which my doctor seems to think are just coincidental. I get stomach cramps within half an hour or taking them. My sugar levels have shot up since starting. I am getting palipitations and am also getting quite bad leg cramps when I go for walks.

Does anyone else know about this tab and its side effects. Any suggestions of a better water tablet, that hopefully doesnt make you go to the loo every 5 mins.

Thanks,

Ant

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Ant

I found this information about indapamide:

"If you experience any of the following symptoms while taking this medicine you should inform your doctor promptly, so that the amount of fluids and salts in your body can be checked: thirst, lethargy, confusion, weakness, drowsiness, muscle cramps, scanty production of urine, abnormal heart rhythm, seizures, nausea and vomiting."

It sounds as if you should be talking to your healthcare professional about the issue you are having.

Hope this helps

Doug

antmos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Doug. I am going to try and get in to see my doc today. I took myself off the tabs this weekend as I couldnt take the side effects any more.

Ant