Indian / Chinese takeaway?

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shirataki noodles are virtually zero-carb as they are almost all fibre. I think there are some more widely available brands now (something called eat water or something like that? Ocado have them) but I got mine from the Chinese supermarket. Some people don't like them as the texture is a bit different to normal noodles, but some people are very happy with them. You do need to rinse them before cooking as they come wet-packed in slightly odd-smelling water. I think they're best in spicy and/or soupy meals.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here's a little secret, there is a type of food called Indian-Chinese. It's basically a combination of Indian and Chinese. It was mastered by chefs at the Taj in Bombay and spread from there. There are very few restaurants in the UK which serve this food and are good at it. A restaurant that I used to travel an hour plus to go to was Dalchini in Wimbledon. Haven't been for many years so can't say what it is like at the moment. Have a look around where you live and do a search for Indo Chinese food and hopefully there is a genuine and good one near you.

Sounds interesting but I can almost guarantee without looking that there'll be nothing like that around here, it takes a while to catch up with new ideas down here in very rural Devon ;)

A

AnnieC

We never have takeaways but do often lunch at a Chinese buffet restuarant I usually have the steamed vegetables with chicken duck or sea food... they do some lovely green mussels and huge juicy prawns