Injection appetite suppressant

puternut

Went to see the Diabetes Doctor at the surgery for my annual review. Previously this was dealt with by practice nurse(s) and this was first time I had seen this particular dr as he is not the one I am registered with.

All - and I mean all - my readings were fine. Blood pressure, doppler to feet, monofilament to feet (9 out of 10 both), liver function etc.etc. Can't tell you the actual Hbac1 figure as he didn't tell me the exact.

However my big problem is concerning my weight. Over the past year, due to circulation problems in both shin/ankles I have been unable to do exercise too much hence a 10kg weight gain.

Dr mentioned an appetite suppressant injection - daily - with what looked to me like an insulin injector. I was a little reticent as I Have been trying desperately to avoid injections although at present I am on 3x850 Metformin , 30mg Pioglitazone and 2mg Glimepiride daily so insulin is not far away.

He did mention the name of the drug involved and all I can remember is that in began with an 'M'.

Anyone else been offered this - been put on it - searched it - any info ????

TIA

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Take a look at the Victoza thread as that has a somewhat limited appetite suppressive action as well as working well against rises in blood glucose. When you are stressed a 'V' can often sound like an 'M' and that is what I though when Mictoza was mentioned to be in the first instance. It was only on the way home whan I studied the info leaflet that I realised my earlier mistake :wink:

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
+1 and check out the Byetta thread too just in case you confused that with 'Myetta' as this drug suppresses the appetite also and is a twice daily injectable(both drugs are painless to inject by the way :wink: )

Pink lady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I was on this drug for quite a while & oh Boy it works could only eat small amounts , after loosing some weight I started to get dreadful headaches , if you get offered try , but it's not many who do geT the chance , as I understand it's expensive . I had to discontinue the drug .

Pink lady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I was on this drug for quite a while & oh Boy it works could only eat small amounts , after loosing some weight I started to get dreadful headaches , if you get offered try , but it's not many who do geT the chance , as I understand it's expensive . I had to discontinue the drug .
Sorry I stopped injections because I couldn't stand the Headaches.