Innovo Pen

dee-uk

Hello again everyone.

I was wondering if anyone on here has an unused innovo pen that i could have from them? you the one with the timer on it, blue with green band or blue with orange band?

I have a med cupboard that has a few unused bits in like a novapen 3 etc.

I love that Innovo pen but when it ran out of battery a year ago i couldn't get another one because it was discontinued!!

So if anyone has one that they never used, or has one lying around - please message me!

:D

Sweet3x

never even heard of them :s
I have a spare Humapen, but that's for my own spare store, in case my current one breaks.
Can't your doctor give you one?

dee-uk

hello. i can get as many spare pen type ones as I need for free.

they don't make the innovo pen anymore they stopped making them.

I just thought someone might have had a spare one, as i always seem to have things like that, blood testers etc I don't use.

The Innovo Insulin Injection Device was not available in the UK from the end of August 2006.

:cry:

tyrex

Hi Dee-uk.

Did you see my other post on this forum (http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7549) in which I emailed Novo about their Innovo pen and got a generally unhelpful response, as expected?

I own three Innovo pens, using Novorapid and Levimir, the other being a spare for when one of the two I'm using break. Their functions are so important to me (particularly the 4am wake-in-a-sudden-panic 'Oh sh*t did I inject my Levimir?!') that I have a two-pronged approach to their replacement:

1) Dismantle a pen and learn how to replace the dead batteries / repair minor faults. Obviously if anyone has a broken spare they no longer need that I can test on I'd much appreciate it!

2) Investigate the Humapen Memoir (http://www.humalog.com/humalog-insulin-pens/humapen-memoir-insulin-pen.jsp). Unfortunately Lilly only make rapid acting insulin for this pen which kind of defeats the purpose of the memory since it is the basal insulin that is so critical to remember because of its long term effects if you inject twice by mistake or forget altogether.

My approach with the Humapen is to see if I can somehow inject Novo-brand insulins using it. The cartridges appear similar and I know the end-cap on the Novo cartridges can be removed so it would be interesting to see if they cross-fit. Alternatively I could look at swapping insulins from Novo into Lilly cartridges - not for the faint-hearted I guess!

I will post any information I come by on here in the hope I can help...

Ty

iHs

Bring back the "good old days" :p when all insulin pen cartridges were the same shape (1.5ml) and would fit into any brand of pen.

My Novopen (stainless steel look) 1.5ml lasted me for years and years. I was able to put Novo cartridges into it and then put Lilly Humalog cartridges too.

Financial money making racket or what :?: :?: :roll:

tyrex

Hi iHs, I think you emailed me, but I cannot view the message - seems that admin have disabled private messaging on here. If you want to write to me directly my email is: Hope that makes sense! All the best, Ty

tyrex

Thanks admins, I'm capable of remove links myself, and I'm mature enough to know that putting my email address on a forum will lead to spam (or not in my case).

Regardless, not sure what the sense is in requiring 10 substantial posts before PM is allowed, especially when you allow other people to send to me and make it impossible for me to see what someone has sent!

Anyway, rant over. Thanks for your email iHs - very helpful - I'll reply to you shortly.

Ty

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Ty, The rules have been changed and an announcement to that effect will be placed in the greetings and introductions forum shortly.We have had a lot of trouble with pm spammers joining the board and basically spamming through the members.Once a member has 10 good ,substantial posts on the board,in other words not just a word or two in each post ,then they will be able to read and respond to pm's .I'm sure you can understand the necessity for this change on the board.It is for the security of the site and to protect the members from online viruses sent via pm etc.

Sugarless Sue Senior Moderator.