Insanity work out!

myagi007

I haven't posted on this forum for a while. I'm a type 2 diabetic diagnosed in Feb 2012 did well that year lost it last year and decided at the end of 2013 I was going to start getting myself in to shape. My blood sugars are ok. I've started doing the insanity program and have just completed the 5th week. I've noticed the change already and can't wait to se where I am at the end of it. (I'm working on the basis I'm going to have to do it twice or even 3 times to get to where I want to with breaks in between obviously). A quick question on diets I've been trying to stick to a low carb diet whilst on this and am finding that by day 3-4 in the week I'm shattered and body is saying no more. What diets has everyone been doing whilst on this program? Has anyone used the shakes they do "The results and recovery formula"? Are they safe for diabetics? I only ask as I understand they are made of 4 parts complex carbs : 1 part protein. I'm due to see my doctor soon to discuss my latest blood test results so will probably ask her as well but would welcome any views. I'd definitely recommend this for anyone who wants to do some exercise...

Reactions: 2 people

onthegow

Welcome to insanity.
The food I ate was normal foods balanced and lots of it. I ate more than I ever have before. I do not do well on low carb diets so decided or my body decided to eat what I liked when I was doing this because I needed it. I used a power carb drink before and during each session 500 mm mixed in a water bottle. Post the session I used a recovery electrolyte drink then food mainly pasta for me with fish. Either way my sugars were excellent but once I finished they returned to bring all over the place. My problem is I cannot do it again so I started cycling it kept my levels ok but got bit board with that so I don't do anything at moment. I'm looking for motivation to get started again with cycling. Good luck with progress I've still can see the benefits of insanity when I look in the mirror so the effects are long lasting.

Reactions: 2 people

myagi007

Hi onthegow thanks for the reply. I've just completed Insanity and was very happy with the results although I didn't actually lose any weight on the scales I've lost a ton of fat on my belly and feel stronger and other positive affects. I didn't take any supplement drinks although with the constant pushing of shakeology I was tempted with it. I didn't really follow any diet although my wife was so our diet was protein rich foods and low in carbs. I feel great for completing it my wife bought me T25 so I am having this week off and am going to start that afterwards however I'm still debating about whether to try the shakeology as part of the diet.. I'm hoping this time I'll see even more improvements.

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being so high I can barely open my eyes :(
Hi
I'm on week 3 of T25 Alpha stage and I am loving it. I am hypoing more than I did with Insanity and have been able to reduce my insulin a little. I usually just have a protein shake afterwards or a milkshake made with sugar free strawberry Crusha if I will be eating soon after. I haven't seen Shakeology in the UK , but I hear it is very expensive.