Insulin load index / most ketogenic foods

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Low Carb Down Under have posted the talks from their October 25 event in Melbourne, so Marty's talk now available:

Reactions: 3 people

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Indy, was able to follow the points Marty was making through perhaps a half to two-thirds of his presentation, but then got lost. He covered a lot of ground in 16 minutes. Hopefully, next time, he'll be given a longer time slot.

Thanks for posting Marty's presentation for us. :)

Reactions: 2 people

martykendall

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: 5 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for sharing @Indy51. Blogging from behind a computer is much more in my comfort zone than speaking about it. I also found it challenging content matter to talk about numbers and charts and data. It was an honour to be part of it though.

@Winnie53 the full story is here if you're interested - https://optimisingnutrition.wordpress.com/2015/03/23/most-ketogenic-diet-foods/

I am dead chuffed to have found your blog and the YouTube vid. Thank you so much for all the effort you put in. I found that removing milk (only) is melting those last pounds away steadily without effort :)

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Marty, I think your presenting skills are excellent.

It was too much too fast for me, but I know there are quite a few here who kept pace with you just fine.

If you have an opportunity to present again on this topic, and are alotted more time, I'll be there. I'm interested in what you're learning and where you're going with it. :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Given my recent look at eggs and induction of Glucagon secretion, I've a question for you @martykendall . Have you taken a look at the Insulin Index of foodstuffs based on a combination of the glucagon agonist Amino Acids (Leucine, Arginine and Glutamine) and Fatty Acids (Palmitic and Oleic Acid) and the proportions and ease of access of these in the overall food structure?