Type 1 Insulin not working as good

Isaacd

So recently i have been taking my insulin the same ratio i have been for a while now bit recently i have noticed that the doses im taking are not bringing down my sugar levels then when i take more it rapidly drops too low does anyone have any advice

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome @Isaacd
Can you tell us a bit about your diabetes - when we’re you diagnosed and what insulin do you take?
There are a number of reasons why you may need more insulin
- your insulin is not working properly. This maybe because it was not stored correctly before you received it.
- you may be going down with a bug so your body is fighting off germs. This will raise your BG.
- if you are recently diagnosed, you may have less working beta cells producing insulin.
- if your BG is higher, it can lead to insulin resistance.

Isaacd

I was diagnosed in 2013
Im using nova rapid fast acting amd lantus long have been on these since i was diagnosed

Isaacd

Looking at some of your points
Not sure if the insulin wasn’t stored correctly previously and im sure that i am now using a fresh box with the same issues but not 100%

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome to the forum @Isaacd
It would be worth checking that your basal rate is still correct, as this can change over time. Once that's ok, then check your insulin to carb ratios are still the same as they were, and then correction factor.

Reactions: Isaacd