Insulinoma

weaver

I have been type 2 for 7 years insulin dependent for 2.Since using insulin I have always taken 40 units morning and evening.Last November out of the blue I had a bad hypo during the night and went into a coma,my wife had to call for an ambulance to revive me.Since then I have had to reduce my insulin amount by 40% to prevent more hypos,there has been no change to my diet or exercise regime.The gp has had blood tests done which came back normal.
I asked for a scan of my pancreas which he was not prepared to do as the blood tests were normal.
Looking into it if a tumour develops on the pancreas,called insulinoma,the cells in the tumour produce insulin which would give the symptoms I am experiencing.I would like a scan and am considering going private to get it.
Does anyone have experience of this condition or symptoms?

Last edited by a moderator:

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have had C-peptide tested? I don't know much about this test, but apparently it shows how much insulin is produced while the insulin you take has no effect on c-peptide.

weaver

Have had C-peptide tested? I don't know much about this test, but apparently it shows how much insulin is produced while the insulin you take has no effect on c-peptide.

Hi
Dont know whether this was one of the blood tests
thanks

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
'it isn't a standard test I suppose, but you could ask if your GP might consider ordering it. Or maybe it can be done privately, I don't know.