Insulinx

LaughingHyena

I've been using mine for a few months now. I find it only needs a tiny drop of blood, a lot less than my one touch. It's also nice that it gives you a few seconds to add more if you didn't get enough the first time.

The carb counting part is OK but can't be set to half units, which I find pain. I often end up changing it's suggestion up or down by 1/2 a unit here and there. It is convenient as a guide though, and to have it logged (assuming of course I don't change the dose).

I'm not that keen on the software for reading the results off it. I'd like to be able to see a graph over a week or so. It also seems to end up over quite a few pages if you want to print it off to show anyone.

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you mean changing the insulin dosage to 1/2 units as I thought you could, once you entered the meter access code to that area.

LaughingHyena

Hmm on the meter itself I haven't found a way to set it to half units, I was told that it only did whole units. I'll have to have a look on the computer side, as I say I haven't looked at that much. I didn't realise you could change settings from there.

Anyone who has been able to set thiers to do half unit doses, please tell the rest of us how.

ivinghoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
professional football
Connect up your meter to your pc and wait for the Autostyle Prgramme to open.
Click on the Meter tab if its not already selected
Click on Extras
Click on Dose Increments
Enter the usual code for changing settings and ratios etc on your meter. (if you do not know its CAA1C)
Change the increments and save to your meter
You should now have Half units to use on your bolus calculator
Hope this help!
Alan

Glen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, DIY, winter,
A good meter. I don't use the rapid insulin calculator much but love the port light for testing in the dark. Also its only needs a tiny sample of blood. Glen

Type1Jim

I heard that there is a problem with the insulinx meter......? Incorrect readings? I only had it for a little while but have gone back to my old meter.