Interested in what people think about my project!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well Georgina, I'm an ancient and currently furiously angry old diabetic biddy, but definitely not because someone young and enthusiastic decides to have a think about how to brighten up our diabetic lives with attractive accessories.

I once added a design to my previous boring black meter case, which is probably not exactly the kind you're thinking of, but it did appeal to my weird diabetic sense of humour and did much to cheer me up at testing times...

test_kit.jpg

So good luck with your project!

Robbity

Reactions: Jaylee and Rachox

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a bag I carry my tablet in, so I've been tossing my meter in that as well. Something to jazz up the case would be cool though.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @bidder1603 ,

A belated warm welcome to the forum.!

I'm head butting 50 myself.. Style wise with the bags tended to purchase from the local "army surplus" (or QM store.)
Being a diabetic for 41 of those years has steered my "fashion sense" towards cargo trousers too! Lol

Don't let my metal head/"urban warrior" look deceive you.. Just a laid back guy with an eye for practicality.. :)

I look forward to seeing your concepts.. :cool: All the best with your project.

Reactions: bidder1603

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey guys!

I'm currently a third year student studying Fashion Promotion and I have had Diabetes for the past 19 years! I've decided this year to focus my projects around my life and my diabetes. For one of my projects I have to create a brand so I've decided to base it around designing cool, original cases for diabetics! These will be to hold either testing kits or injection pens... or both.. I'm aiming these at young people with Diabetes and was hoping to get some peoples opinions :) This is all hypothetical and I wont actually be making a fully working product but I will be drawing and painting some print designs for the cases :)

I posted about this on a different diabetes site and received some angry comments from old men and women so decided maybe this was a better place to come :facepalm::p

Leave me some comments!

Georgina
If holding insulin then take note of storage requirements esp. temperature protection. I a T2 and not on meds, so I do not myself use insulin, but there are many who do, and could advise on this. May also need to consider including Glucagon kit for emergencies

As a T2, I use a bum bag .which I wear like a possit pouch or sporan. This carries my emergency snacks and glucose tabs. An ID holder inside to display a business card perhaps?

Reactions: bidder1603