Intermittent fasting, good result for BS Level?

rilakkuma02

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi, everyone,

I have been doing intermittent fasting for nearly 2 months now. Have questions, doubts about if I have done it right, or things can be improved.

My BS lever was 65 Hba1c (10.3mmol/L) in Aug. and I have been monitored my BG level for fasting, in 2 hrs and random in the evenings. After 16/8 fasting for 2 months. My fasting blood sugar is averagely about 6.2 mmol/L, in 2 hrs averagely, a bit different from time to time can be 5.6-6.4 mmol/ L. I rarely have evening tested because I am taking metformin once/day in the evening. But just had a random test today was 6.4 mmol/L.

I cut my carbs intake quite a lot, walking a lot most of days. So far only lost 10.5kg in 3 and 1/2 months. I think the fasting done a good job to me especially for fast blood sugar, but not quite sure if this is good enough? Has anyone tried the same or similar approach? What is your experience?

I noticed in recent weeks, I have lost quite a lot of hair. It can be some side effects of fasting? or stress in general?

I am due to have an annual check up with my nurse soon. I am not sure they would let me off the meds yet. I hope I can do it better and have it under control soon.

Thank you