iOS 17 and Freestyle Libre

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is there anyone more techie than me that knows how the new features of iOS 17 might impact the Libre Link app? Or are Abbott pre-empting trouble following the app update fiasco a month or so ago?

IMG_8639.jpeg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Maybe of help to someone? I do use an Android phone.
However, I do have LibreLinkUp app my iPad mini 6, as a folower….

The recent IOS 17 iPad version bringing some of the “phone stuff to the table? update hasn’t affected this function. After the update that seemed to take ages to process, (allow yourself some time.) I was expecting having to log back into accounts… But this wasn’t the case on the iPad.

Having said that, it would be prudent to wait & find out other iPhone users experience, before proceeding with the update…

Good luck!

Reactions: Rachox

Mike88

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you updated your phone yet?
I have updated to iOS 17. The warning from Abbott is poorly phrased. LibreLink works as before, as does Shuggah. What the warning could have said is that alarms will not sound if StandBy or Assistive Access Modes are switched on, i.e. do not use them.

If you use Shuggah you will have to re-select your calendar to send readings to a watch.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have updated to iOS 17. The warning from Abbott is poorly phrased. LibreLink works as before, as does Shuggah. What the warning could have said is that alarms will not sound if StandBy or Assistive Access Modes are switched on, i.e. do not use them.

If you use Shuggah you will have to re-select your calendar to send readings to a watch.
I braved the update yesterday after getting the email from Abbott, which as you say was not the clearest. Once the update was complete, I immediately checked that Standby and Assistive Access were disabled. Libre Link is working fine. I used Shuggah for a few days when the Libre Link update failed, but I have never got it to work alongside the Libre app, which is a shame as I loved seeing sugar levels on my Apple Watch.

jomar_uk

May I respectfully suggest you quickly upgrade to 17.0.1

There is a security issue also (not libra but the 17.0 update itself.)

Kind regards JoMar

IMG_0133.jpg

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Upgraded to 17.0 disabled the standby thingy and assistant wotsit (( technical terms everyone understands ) and no problems

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Upgraded to 17.0 disabled the standby thingy and assistant wotsit (( technical terms everyone understands ) and no problems
There was an additional “0.1” security patch to the 17, yesterday….. :hilarious:

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Ah I just looked must have Auto downloaded last night ..doh , thanks I wouldn’t have known , I m a bit of a dinosaur when comes to fones ,

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah I just looked must have Auto downloaded last night ..doh , thanks I wouldn’t have known , I m a bit of a dinosaur when comes to fones ,
Yer only a smidge older than me, young man… :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: Rachox

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Only as young as you feel so that makes me about 90 lol

• Funny
Reactions: Rachox and Jaylee

Alan Playford

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve got a FL2 and recently updated to IOSv17 without any problems or changes needed to settings.

ceemage

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It’s now over 2 weeks since Abbott Freestyle put out their recommendation for users on iPhone not to upgrade to iOS 17 due to comparability issues, saying “While our teams work quickly to verify and confirm compatibility, we recommend you disable automatic operating system updates on your smartphone.” Do we know if there has been any progress on this? I am now at least two iOS sub-releases behind the curve, and worrying what other security updates for the rest of iOS I might be falling behind on.

Reactions: Paule Foster

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ceemage , I updated to iOS17 and the two smaller updates since. I disabled the two features that were said might cause problems (stand by and assistive access modes), and I have had no problems with the Libre app. I’m on an iPhone 14 pro if that makes a difference.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I too have downloaded IOS17 plus additional mini up grades , I disabled as instructed and haven’t had a problem .
Iphone 12 mini here