Is it my site or dose?

itsthatbecky

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people, people who abuse animals, diabetes, hospitals, appointments and strawberries (shocker!)
Hey I've noticed something over the last 4/5 days, so for starters I have been T1 for 15 years, but been badly managing it for 8 years. Decided I want to do my best with it now and actually bother with my health after so long of being in denial. So my before bed sugars are between 7 and 9. When I wake up it's 17, 19 or in the 20's. I don't eat before bed and if I do I carb count the insulin for it. Not sure why I'm waking up so high? Is it my Levemir insulin? My sugars then go back to normal after giving some novorapid to bring it down. I give my Levemir at a set time everyday (9:45pm+am) Really don't know what's going on as my Levemir does seem to go through eventually? :confused:
(P.S I give 33 units of Levemir before bed and 30 units in the morning)

Thank you!!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey I've noticed something over the last 4/5 days, so for starters I have been T1 for 15 years, but been badly managing it for 8 years. Decided I want to do my best with it now and actually bother with my health after so long of being in denial. So my before bed sugars are between 7 and 9. When I wake up it's 17, 19 or in the 20's. I don't eat before bed and if I do I carb count the insulin for it. Not sure why I'm waking up so high? Is it my Levemir insulin? My sugars then go back to normal after giving some novorapid to bring it down. I give my Levemir at a set time everyday (9:45pm+am) Really don't know what's going on as my Levemir does seem to go through eventually? :confused:
(P.S I give 33 units of Levemir before bed and 30 units in the morning)

Thank you!!
It would be a good idea to do some overnight testing to see what's happening to your levels. It could be that you need more Levemir in the evening dose or it could be that you're dropping low overnight and you're releasing glycogen to compensate.

Reactions: 2 people

itsthatbecky

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people, people who abuse animals, diabetes, hospitals, appointments and strawberries (shocker!)
It would be a good idea to do some overnight testing to see what's happening to your levels. It could be that you need more Levemir in the evening dose or it could be that you're dropping low overnight and you're releasing glycogen to compensate.

Hey thanks :) think I will do some night testing tonight to see what's going on!

Reactions: 4 people

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thats quite a high dose of levemir, what are your carb ratios for your quick acting? Assuming you are not actually going low overnight it could be that you are becoming a bit insulin resistant in which case a trip to your diabetes clinic will be in order

itsthatbecky

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thats quite a high dose of levemir, what are your carb ratios for your quick acting? Assuming you are not actually going low overnight it could be that you are becoming a bit insulin resistant in which case a trip to your diabetes clinic will be in order

Hey, my carb ratio is 1:6 at the moment. I haven't been in a diabetes clinic since August last year, they never sent me letters out saying my appointments yet they blamed it on me and said I just wasn't bothering to attend, so they discharged me, however we've spent two months getting back in and finally got back in Jan, but have had to wait 5 months for my appointment... May needs to hurry! I feel lost without a diabetic team!

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi hun, are you able to phone the clinic and ask them about it? At least if you can't get in they might be able to sort something over the phone? I had a similar problem when I was on MDI I was getting DP, but don't now I have a pump, good luck :) x

Reactions: 2 people