Issues of confidentiality

Nemo

I should know all this, but my brain is a bit mush at the moment.

If you have a conversation with a HCP, while they are not actually working (they are at home on holiday), does that make it more confidential, or can they later document your conversation in retrospect?

ally5555

just curious but how did u talk to them if they are off work! If i see a pt I write down what we talked about and then attach it to their notes or add to the surgery computer. It happens quite alot as i live in the same village as a lot of them or i see them in the rugby club!

Nemo

I am going through a bad patch at the moment and she is having daily contact with me by phone.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Nemo.
If she is in contact with you whilst on holiday on not officially 'on duty' it is her responsibility to check she has indemnity cover with her employers, but she does have a 'duty of care' towards you. This means she should document your conversations in your notes and should only discuss your case with those involved in your care.

How are you? I'm glad you are able to get daily support. Is your situation getting any better? My thoughts are with you

wiflib

Nemo

Its one day at a time at the moment, thank you. I'm hoping when I am back to work next week, I will get myself more sorted.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm glad to hear this have not got worse at least and you're so right, sometimes our boring life routines seem to help, don't they. Work may be a positive thing for you.

We are all here for as much support as you want

wiflib