I've Got A Viral Illness, Dehydration And Problems With My Blood Pressure.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
i went to my gp today and she told me i had a viral illness and dehydration. that's what's causing the symptoms i posted about earlier. i might also be on too much high blood pressure medication - ramipril 10mg, amlodipine 10mg, bendroflumethiazide 2.5mg and doxazosin 4 mg - and that might be causing my blood pressure to drop when getting up and walking around making me feel faint and dizzy. the lady doctor has advised me to omit my amlodipine 10mg every morning until next monday when she sees me again to see if it prevents my systolic blood pressure from dropping. with regards to the dehydration i've got to drink plenty of water and omit tea, coffee and carbonated soft drinks. the doctor wants to see me again tomorrow to check my bgl's and to check my urine. and on wednesday i'm having my blood tests for renal profile, liver profile and thyroid profile as well as to check if the viral illness has cleared up.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear you feel so rough Johnny. When you are unwell it seems BG levels go a bit crazy. Do take care, you will get better and do drink lots of waterand rest.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear this! Take care of yourself. Drink lots, but try and avoid anything sugary. Could someone get you some sugar free cordial? Keep sipping and drinking, and I hope you feel better soon.