Type 1 I've just had 4 Libre sensors fail in one go. One after the other!? I now have none and the 4th is being held on by a patch. Anyone else?

Catsymoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Hello!

My sensor came to an end today. I took it off early and by early I mean I walked into a doorframe and it came off a few hours before it was due to end.

I have 4 new boxes from the pharmacy and literally, none of them would stick. I applied it and it just fell off. It doesn't feel very sticky AT ALL. None of them do!? Possibly a faulty batch??

I now have one on my arm held on by a patch. I've NEVER had this before. I normally have trouble getting the heckin things off. They normally survive hour long baths 3x a week etc.

What on earth do I do? I rely on this CGM now for my hourly daily walks. I'm worried Abbott will think I'm taking the P if I do 4 fail forms in one go and my GP won't give me more than 4 in a month.

Edit: also wanna mention that I cleaned my arm, tried both arms, same issue. I'm not sweaty or anything. Brand new sensor started to peel immediately when I moved my arm. The patch I have on has no issues and these are usually rubbish so I know it's not my arm!

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Hello!

My sensor came to an end today. I took it off early and by early I mean I walked into a doorframe and it came off a few hours before it was due to end.

I have 4 new boxes from the pharmacy and literally, none of them would stick. I applied it and it just fell off. It doesn't feel very sticky AT ALL. None of them do!? Possibly a faulty batch??

I now have one on my arm held on by a patch. I've NEVER had this before. I normally have trouble getting the heckin things off. They normally survive hour long baths 3x a week etc.

What on earth do I do? I rely on this CGM now for my hourly daily walks. I'm worried Abbott will think I'm taking the P if I do 4 fail forms in one go and my GP won't give me more than 4 in a month.

Edit: also wanna mention that I cleaned my arm, tried both arms, same issue. I'm not sweaty or anything. Brand new sensor started to peel immediately when I moved my arm. The patch I have on has no issues and these are usually rubbish so I know it's not my arm!
I clean my skin with isopropyl alcohol before applying a sensor. What do you use?

Catsymoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
I clean my skin with isopropyl alcohol before applying a sensor. What do you use?
Alcohol wipes usually, for skin.
Sometimes I forget but it has never ever had any impact.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It sounds like a faulty batch. I once had 2 with hardly any glue, so started using skin tac when I changed to Libre 2. Libre 1 stuck like a limpet!

I'd ring Abbott and explain.

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Alcohol wipes usually, for skin.
Sometimes I forget but it has never ever had any impact.
I find surgical spirit on a tissue is cheaper and produces less waste than individually wrapped alcohol wipes.
But it does the same thing

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Try putting them somewhere other than you outer arm , it’ll stop u knocking them against door jams , I know abbot recommend back of arm , but are they saying it’s the only part of a human body where it works ! Hmm I think no , I’ve put mine in various places inside of bicep, chest belly all been fine and had hardly any “drop offs”, plus have checked against finger pricks not had probs ,
as a side note any time I’ve had any fall off which is few and far between ! I’ve phoned abbot told them they have always replaced it and never asked where I’ve put it , read into that what you will

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Definitely sounds a faulty batch and you must report them all. In all the years of using I’ve never had one not stick. Incidentally the only thing I do pre insertion, is use soap and water.

SimonP78

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not the same mode of failure, but I've just had 3 fail in a row after a week or less reporting overly low readings (I fitted a 4th yesterday evening), I've had two replaced, am wondering whether they will think I'm taking the mick asking for yet another to be replaced. It's annoying (as my arms don't have as long to heal before I swap over). I've not had not had a run of such rubbish sensors for a long time (I can live with losing a day or two at the end, but a whole week is not on).

Catsymoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Update: definitely faulty batch.

I got a new sensor this morning with a completely different batch number. It stuck absolutely fine.

Also, the one I had that was being held on by a patch had alarms going off every few hours which MAJORLY differed from finger pricks.

It said I was having a hypo on 4 occasions when I wasn't. It also said my blood sugar was spiking up to 17 when it wasn't. It was 12.

OliviaP19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not the same mode of failure, but I've just had 3 fail in a row after a week or less reporting overly low readings (I fitted a 4th yesterday evening), I've had two replaced, am wondering whether they will think I'm taking the mick asking for yet another to be replaced. It's annoying (as my arms don't have as long to heal before I swap over). I've not had not had a run of such rubbish sensors for a long time (I can live with losing a day or two at the end, but a whole week is not on).
I’ve had this! I’ve put on two sensors today and neither would be recognised by the app. Abbott are sending 2 replacements but I’m wondering the same as you- if they’ll think I’m taking the mick if these don’t work too!

Reactions: SimonP78

SimonP78

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To add the the fun, the 4th one I was referring to above, now ~5 days in, has just suffered a Bluetooth failure.

Thankfully I have a miaomiao 2, so have switched to that. I'd quite like to simply let them know they aren't working (and not request replacements, certainly not for this one which I can keep using, touch wood!) just so that they can work out what is wrong and get it fixed, but I'm not sure my doing that will make any difference to them.

One can only hope that they are getting lots of support calls and needing to supply lots of replacements so will realise they should sort out whatever they have changed (I note that they have certainly changed something in the encryption used by the devices very recently as my previous XDrip+ & OOP2 setup failed to work until I updated OOP2).