JAM

pinkjinks58

Dislikes
Hair, Dogs, Spiders, Rain & Ignorant people!
Hi all,

I'm trying to cut butter out of my diet on my toast in the morning and am desperate to find a low sugar/sugar free jam that doesn't severely spike my sugar levels, I know that no two diabetics are the same but I'd welcome suggestions from everyone! :)

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
How about making your own. Cook a few strawberries with some Splenda or Stevia, it should store in the fridge for a few days.

LaughingHyena

Try googling for freezer jam recipies. My experience is that they are usually a lot lower in sugar, since they are beeing kept frozen rather than using sugar as a preservative. Unfortunalty I have very limited freezer space so haven;t actually made any of them.

FWIW I usually end up with marmite or peanut butter on my toast.

pinkjinks58

Dislikes
Hair, Dogs, Spiders, Rain & Ignorant people!
That sounds like a challenge I'm up for, is there an actual recipe for it? X

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I eat butter and make jam from frozen fruit. i use a standard recipe and halve the sugar. then I add a little gelatine. Keeps well in the fridge
Hana

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am gonna try some walden farms jam, you can get it from lowcarbmegastore.co.uk and amazon and a few places, it's sugar free, carb free and calorie free, so you can put enough on a piece of toast to enjoy and hopefully not worry, mine will be delivered next week to try hopefully.

Defren

BioHaZarD said:
I am gonna try some walden farms jam, you can get it from lowcarbmegastore.co.uk and amazon and a few places, it's sugar free, carb free and calorie free, so you can put enough on a piece of toast to enjoy and hopefully not worry, mine will be delivered next week to try hopefully.

Did the jam arrive? If so is it like 'proper' jam or yukky?