Joined Forum in 2021, so re-introduction..

G0ldengirl68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Icy, cold winds where I live, when I want to be outside ;)
You were only just diagnosed at the time, and had drastically changed your diet, and likely your blood glucose.
Changes in BG often go together with vision changes because our eyes adjust to the amount of glucose in our tears. This is only temporary though, glad to hear your eyes are fine now!

A hba1c of 6% or (42mmol/mol) is exactly on the threshold between normal and prediabetic in the UK, and just over the threshold for the US.
The flagging up is an automated system that doesn't take into account your diabetic status.
So while 6% for a known diabetic is pretty much perfect, for a non diabetic it's flagged because it shows something may be going on.
Thanks, I still need reading glasses, but the fact I had not problem with the chart you sent, way back in 2021, says they are better or haven't progressed any. I actually was told that when I went back to my eye-doc, after a year.

Thank you also for explaining the numbers. My numbers during a day I still check on occasion are so good, like this a.m. I got the 106, which that ran high for quite awhile ;) That was a 16 hour fast as my last meal is finished before 5 pm and I only eat meats, fish, chicken, not side dishes at all. I do have a Fat-bomb shortly after dinner, and then I almost every day of the week, take a 30 minute walk.

Reactions: Antje77