just had a GTT :(

Tinytoez

Dislikes
Diabetes!! People who dont understand. Being overweight and hungry.
Ive just come back from the hospital after a dreaded GTT, and the prelim results dont suprise me at all. I took my blood it was 6.6 then I went to the hosp, she took the first lot and put some on a BG stick, it was 7.7, then I had the drink, which wasnt as bad as I was expecting tasting a bit like Peach Nectar from a tin, then I sat and waited and started feeling strange so took my own tests at half hour intervals, my first one wasin the 8s then 11s, then 13s and when I had my last lot the BG stick said 16.5!!! Im now waiting for the lab results at the end of the week. Im worried whats next, but Im almost certain Im not borderline like my GP said I was.

Tinytoez

Dislikes
Diabetes!! People who dont understand. Being overweight and hungry.
I had my follow up with my GP. He said I am definatly Diabetic (well doh!) And hes put me back on Glucophage but only 500 a day, he told me its different to Metformins make up and shouldnt give me gut ptoblems, Ive taken 3 so far and Im ok.
Ive been told to eat 6 small meals a day, which is causing havock at work, but Ive told them Im not taking responsibility for going low through lack of food and giving out the wrong change again as the next person might not be so honest.
My GP asked why I go low because I shpuldnt and I told him its because Im not allowed to eat at work.
Ive got an eye scan appointment throuigh for next month and I see the Occupational (useless) Health lady again next week, so Im interested to see what happens.