Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Heights and things that crawl
HbA1c - 33 mmol/mol
Blood pressure - 117/75
Serum cholesterol - 3.36 mmol/L
LDL cholesterol - 1.51 mmol/L

I am feeling well chuffed! Plus for the last 6 months i've only been on 2 x 500mg Metformin per day (started on 4 x 500mg plus Gliclazide (can't remember how much) per day). My first blood result was 125 mmol/mol, followed by a 133 mmol/mol! Her chart on the wall didn't even go up that high!

I am particularly pleased with my BP given my diabetic nurse is unfeasibly beautiful!

Go me I reckon!

Reactions: 11 people

RazzleDazzleDavey

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes, I take 20mg of Simvastatin a day but even so I think that's a pretty good score!

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well you have certainly razzle dazzled your numbers down! Well done you.

jim

Reactions: 2 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's a good score and we all do the best we can to get near those numbers

RazzleDazzleDavey

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I am sure some people try much harder than me and deserve better results. I have made exercise a fundamental part of my life and I have basically eliminated potatoes, rice and pasta, which used to be about 90% of my diet!

I have this crazy theory that stress is involved. I struggle with work related stress and since I have been dealing with that (yoga has been brilliant) my BG scores have been 33 (latest), 35 and 36 a year ago.

I don;t mean to show off, I just feel proud because I have worked very hard to get to where I am now and i'm still losing weight (about 2 stone needed to go now). My uncle died at 57 because of his diabetes, i'm determined to not suffer that fate.

Reactions: 10 people

RazzleDazzleDavey

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Why thank you rackellsie, i am not sure how often I get to inspire people, I am immensely flattered! :)

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
well done great results.

I have my annual review in few weeks, hope i can do as well. My DN wont raise mt blood pressure but tying to keep my 7 year old quiet whilst she checks it might!

Reactions: 4 people

RazzleDazzleDavey

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have a 7 year old too, I know that stress! Good luck for the review. It is hard, I just wanted to share my good news with people who might understand the joy after putting in such hard work.

Thank you x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
HbA1c - 33 mmol/mol
Blood pressure - 117/75
Serum cholesterol - 3.36 mmol/L
LDL cholesterol - 1.51 mmol/L

I am feeling well chuffed! Plus for the last 6 months i've only been on 2 x 500mg Metformin per day (started on 4 x 500mg plus Gliclazide (can't remember how much) per day). My first blood result was 125 mmol/mol, followed by a 133 mmol/mol! Her chart on the wall didn't even go up that high!

I am particularly pleased with my BP given my diabetic nurse is unfeasibly beautiful!

Go me I reckon!

Congratulations and well done and go RazzelDazzelDavey:D

Reactions: 4 people

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations! That's great news. You must be well chuffed, makes all the effort worthwile.

Reactions: 6 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Good stuff Davey. Will inspire me and others who have not yet reached what we seek. A nice positive message

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done you. I am having another lot of blood tests done today. Shall find out what my numbers are next week, to see if change of diet has reduced any of them. If so I shall carry on with it, with more gusto.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Awesome result! Well done! My inspiration is my aunt who is not managing her diabetes and I too do not want to follow in her footsteps!

fudge19

On my last review my HbA1c was 68 which my nurse was quite pleased with as this has gone down since my last test but since then I have a new blood monitor that estimates my level but as a percentage which is says 6.2%can any one tell me how these two compare

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App